Radius

I never had this experience of living life in a community, not that our community is a perfect place to do this but this is the first time i had work, school (daughter's) home in one baranggay.  In primary school thru high school, it was 2 municipalities and maybe 15 baranggays apart living in philam talon 2, las pinas and studying in la huerta paranaque.  Later in college was worst living in las pinas and studying in espana, manila... During the time of flyover constructions that made my commute a good 2 hours (or more more)  1 way.  Office for a while was also las pinas-makati, mandaluyong-qc, qc-makati and i had some moments of home office that was actually more travelling than staying at home.  Today i have my office so near that the gps circle would touch the tip of the office door when i am at home in my bedroom.  About 150 steps away just because the entrace of the compound is than farther my house that the actual office is.
My daughters school,  initially was a bit further (1000 +- steps)  but we transfered her to somewhere about 200 steps away from home too. 

And oh i soo love the feeling i get when i see fb posts of friends ranting about being stuck in traffic.  Schadenfreude. Give me some slack i had my share of  some stuck-in-traffic dues. 

I recommend this, btw,  because it releases a person from the stress of travel,  and don't you underestimate the ruin it brings in the natural wear and tear of your body and mind.

I am a veteran of several slex sleep and wake up and you are still there overnight marathons, a veteran of thigh high waters where your balloon skirt will look like a lotus leaf while wading the waters... Uggghhh.    i had a moment when i was pregnant that the taxi would not proceed to home and leave me to the nearest dry area because there were water buildup and there's nothing anybody can do.   Imagine?  Now wipe you smile.  Schadenfreude. 

Today i am on standby because we are doing a surprise party operation for a colleague,  i want to be there but i have to bring my daughter to VAcation Bible School and my husband has a meeting to discuss work shifts so i am tagged in 2 venues.  I am done with bring J to school and the colleague is not yet in the office so i am here at home having the breakfast that i missed preparing for J. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Music Journey So Far

Milestone Alert!

And then I saw 2 cats