My preschool and Pi in the province


Super duper late post : Pi in the province.

Being out on vacation for my family means overload of bags since my preschool needs to wean from homeworld to outside world.  Toys, gadgets and everything familiar needs a packing so she would share the joy of travel,  just like mommy and daddy does.

I planned to pack light and durable because this travel means bus rides, transfers and again long bus rides.  I am ok with bringing mobiles and tablets,  but i am not into lugging around a heavy laptop that can be crushed in transit.  I can only handle one fragile bag to put in all the delicate screens of our mobiles and tablets.

Enter the raspberry pi. Having the power of a small computer (vis a  vis a netbook)  without compromising screen size.  My pack only includes a mouse, a foldable fullsized keyboard,  3 cables (power, HDMI - just because I know what to expect) a usb wifi and my usb data.

Having setup office and multimedia software in linux.  I, daddy and j will have a happy supplement if boredom strikes.

My package was just a small eagle creek carabiner pouch and we were off to the adventure.

The case i got was sturdy enough,  daddy had to rearrange some stuff from  the bag that the pack came in the middle of clothes and foodstuff,  sqwished so tight because we had to put a full sized pillow for j to sleep on during the 12 hour ride.

Unpacking was easy,  no fuzz compatible with the 32 inch hdmi connected screen and we were setup for barney, and other videos, some lesson powerpoints for j, my downloads  and we're just ready to play. And there will always be youtube.. we are so game. 


But at the end of the day.. playing with, sun, mud, water, nature, bugs, creatures with furs, scales, wings, tails and everything in between were the more  important stuff.  Glad that J has weaned off her tablet / gadget addiction.  What i only regret was i had not brought enough books during some evenings and super hot afternoons that J had to be house arrested,  or else toasted in the Isabela sun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Music Journey So Far

Milestone Alert!

And then I saw 2 cats