Uhh-ahh means monkey

When J was a kid she had this consistent action she does using her arms both held up  and making a certain uhh-ahh sound like a donkey as he pumps her hand up and down.

I told her in her 1 year old self that she should remember the action and tell me what it means when she can already understand language, adult language.   I mimic her doing it and constantly reminding her for about 2 years.  At 3,  she already mastered her ABCs, and even read whole pages of Dr. Seuss and her other pre-school books.  She's into constructing small sentences so I thought about the action again.  "Jade,  do you remember 'uhh-ahh'?  what does that mean?"

"Monkey" she said once.  I had my silent smile of pride but wasn't sure if she just randomly said a word to answer my question.  But still I told my husband about the conversation.  We were both proud.

Last weekend,  we were doing our leisurely weekend walk in a park with a pond with a few fish.  She was enthralled watching the fish swim and feed.  We were complete, his daddy by her side.  

"Jade,  what does "uhh-ahh" mean?" thinking she might randomly say fish.  
"Monkey."  she said again without thought,  then right after she added.  "Gorilla!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Our Music Journey So Far

Milestone Alert!

And then I saw 2 cats